Rose facial cream recipe – elixir of youth
I made this cream to celebrate spring and flowers and roses and … to have something light u put on my skin.
The cream is rose not only by colour, but it also contains rose flower water and – few drops of rose essential oil (1ml cost me 39 EUR, that’s why so few).
Something so expensive must work miracles, right? However, just to be sure, I added argan oil (anti age, skin repair properties), peach oil (mainly just because I wanted to finish it, but its a good light oil!) and a bit of orchid essential oil (because it smells good!)
Most interestingly – I used emulsifier wax no.2 (from aroma-zone.fr), of INCI: Cetearyl wheat straw glycosides (and) cetearyl alcohol. It is a stand alone emulsifier – doesn’t need any additional emulsifier to work. It is very easy to work with and I love the type of emulsion it made – easy to spread and easy to absorb – perfect for warmer weather!
.. but let’s go, here is my rose facial cream recipe – elixir of youth!:
17% Peach oil
3% Argan oil
6% Emulsifier wax no. 2 (INCI: Cetearyl wheat straw glycosides (and) cetearyl alcohol)
72.6% Rose water
0.09% Beetroot powder
0.4% EO Orchid
0.01% EO Rose
0.2% Vitamin E
lactic acid for adjustment of pH
1. Sterilize all your working area, including tools and pots. Wear gloves if possible.
2. In one pot let dissolve on low heat (70°C, water bath) the emulsifier in the peach kernel oil.
3. In another pot, let dissolve beet root powder in the rose water and strain through a strainer -this is to avoid some non-soluble small pieces I found in the beetroot powder. Then heat genlty to 70°C.
4. When both phases are at 70°C, pour water phase to the oil phase while constantly stirring
5. Once emulsion forms, move the pot in cold water to accelerate cooling. Do not stop stirring.
6. At 40°C, add one after another preservative, vitamin E and essential oils.
7. Test for pH, adjust by lactic acid if necessary, so that the cream has pH between 6-7.
7. Distribute into pots.
… and use! 🙂